Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Trashlike

Many, many years ago, while waiting for a friend, I found myself standing next to a trash can. It occurred to me at that moment that when you stand next to trash, you merge with it. You and the trash become a larger entity, that's part you and part trash.

I moved away from the trash can, and haven't stood beside one since.


I thought about that when I saw this East Villager standing against this wall on East 2nd Street, eating no less!

So, you might ask: "What about the restaurant on the right?" to which I would respond: "What do you think?"

It's definitely close, but the wooden screen and planter go a long way to separate it. They might want to clean that column with "VENX" scrawled on it, though.

The Christmas lights help too. I would go so far as to say that if you put Christmas lights around that mess on the left, you could rehabilitate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment