Sunday, November 23, 2014

Structural Failure

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about the uncool gas station on Houston Street and Avenue C. This afternoon, I passed by it again, only to find this:

Point of failure.

My guess is that the air pressure grew inside the enclosed area, to the point where the plywood boards could no longer contain it, and it burst at its weakest point, which was towards Avenue C.

This is what it looks like from the inside, looking eastward:

Looking eastward.

Because the air pressure was now equalized, it was safe for me to go inside — East Village Today goes where others fear to tread!

#eastvillage #avenuec #gasstations #houstonstreet

2 comments:

  1. :-) you don't think that the air burst here had anything to do with the broken window glass at the pay-o-matic? :-) co-incidence? :-) i think not. :-)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, based on direction, distance, etc. I did think it was amazing coincidence though, that there should be two low pressure events in the same day!

      Delete