Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Not Just Any Bike – AnnieBike!

OK, this has nothing to do with the East Village today, except that I was riding an Annie Citibike down Second Avenue towards the East Village, but it's a cool story and I think you'll enjoy hearing it.
So here goes:

I was riding an Anniebike (my first!) home to the East Village, when I saw the bike lane ahead of me was blocked… by Christmas trees!

Since this isn't something you see every day, even at Christmastime, I got off the Anniebike and took this picture:

Bike lane blocked by Christmas trees.

Since I was now off the Anniebike, and since I didn't know if I'd ever get to ride another one, I took a picture of it too:

Anniebike and Christmas-tree-blocked bike lane.

So there it is. I hope you enjoyed this little Christmas story. It's all true!

#citibike #secondavenue #bicycles #christmastrees #bikelanes

2 comments:

  1. is that a police car? did they ticket the trees?

    quite the adventure!!!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a police car! My guess is that they did ticket the vendor… for blocking the bike lane!

      Ha ha.

      Delete