Friday, April 17, 2015

Abandoned Pizza Update

Two days ago, I told the story of abandoned food at the First Avenue F Train station. It was one of those "slice of life" stories that make the East Village so unique. Little did I suspect then that the story would continue!

Yesterday, I saw this when entering the First Avenue F Train station:

Pizza on a step.

As I suspected would happen, some conscientious East Villager knocked the pizza off the railing and onto the ground, where it belongs. But instead of just lying there and decomposing, it's slowly making its way into the subway! I might even wind up in the track bed, where it will be devoured by a rat!

The circle of life continues… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #litter ftrain #firstavenue

2 comments:

  1. i hope that slice has an extra dollar for a new metro card. unless it tries to sneak under the turnstile?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably take advantage of the fact that no one expects a slice of pizza to break the law, and will slip by unnoticed!

      Delete