Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Punk Rock Extravaganza

I was passing through Tompkins Square Park yesterday, when I happened upon this gathering:

A gathering in the park.

It turns out they had gathered for the "Memorial Day Punk Rock Extravaganza"!

This band was on stage when I arrived:

Punk rock band.

I don't know their name, but they were pretty good!

Of course, East Villagers don't dance:

East Villagers not dancing.

They finished shortly after I got there, and "Rev. Jen" went on to read a chapter from her new book:

Introducing: Rev. Jen.

It was good too!

When she finished, another band went on:

Another punk rock band.

The crowd was rocked off their feet:

Literally!

The extravaganza was organized by East Village celebrities Chris Flash and Zoe Hansen:

Chris Flash (holding microphone), and Zoe Hansen.

I had the idea, while I watched the show, that punk rock extravaganzas are very much like Historic Richmond Town, on Staten Island: the performers are good at what they do, and they serve a useful purpose, in reminding people of a time long past.

I say: Two, three, many Punk Rock Extravaganzas… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #celebrities #chrisflash #memorialday #punkrockshow #tompkinssquarepark #zoehansen

2 comments:

  1. Newsflash: most people don't dance to punk - they sort of bop their heads.

    ReplyDelete