Monday, October 19, 2015

The Procession

It will probably come as no surprise that the East Village is one of the most religious neighborhood in New York City! It's all God and Country here!

I was walking across East 6th Street this past Saturday, and as I approached Avenue C, I saw at the corner a group of people, some holding signs, with a police car beside them.

"What's this?" I thought. "A Black Lives Matter protest? Workers on strike?"

But it was neither of these — it was a religious procession! I'm not sure what the occasion was, but East Villagers don't need a special occasion to… well, the video speaks for itself:



I'll bet that ending surprised you, didn't it? It surprised me!

East Villagers love surprise endings!

#eastvillage #6thstreet #avenuec #cultofmary #religious #parade

3 comments:

  1. is 'but guess what?' that guy's (at the end of the video) catchphrase?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guy was talking to me from the corner where he got his rosary. Finally, he asked me to tape him, then he watched it, and gave it his approval!

      Delete
  2. i can see him now: 'but guess what, that video is approved, i approved it!'. :-)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete