Friday, October 16, 2015

The Ugly Building

I was walking across East 2nd Street this past weekend, approaching First Avenue, when I passed (again) what East Villagers like to call "the ugly building":

The ugly building.

It actually looks better here, for two reasons: 1) everything looks better framed; and 2) it looks like it was recently painted!

Just outside the frame above, to the right, there was a makeshift door with a hole left in it:

Locked door with hole.

"What could be inside?" I wondered.

Inside.

Yuck — this is what it looked like before they painted it!

East Villagers love paint!

#eastvillage #2ndstreet #firstavenue #paint #doors

4 comments:

  1. you may call it 'ugly', but the swirliness of the graffito and the squareness of the plywood and the battens make that a keeper! and in 18 percent grey, too.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and don't forget the coffee cup!

      I-)

      Delete
    2. i call that 'a study in swirls, with coffee'.

      I-)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, the picture itself is great, if I do say so myself! The building itself, less so.

      Delete