Monday, November 16, 2015

The CHUD Conspiracy

Old-time East Villagers remember the days of the Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (CHUDs). Bad times, indeed!

I was walking down Avenue C yesterday, when I saw something that gave me pause:

Pause-giving site.

I moved closer, slowly, and focussed my camera into the dark unknown:

The dark unknown.

No CHUDs here!

A documentary was made about the CHUDs, in 1984. 2600 (seen spray-painted beside the manhole cover, in the top picture) is the name of a hacker magazine, co-founded by a man whose pen name is Emmanuel Goldstein, a character from George Orwell's book titled, curiously enough: 1984!
A coincidence? I think not!

Are hackers are reviving the CHUDs… in the East Village Today?

#eastvillage #avenuec #chud #2600

No comments:

Post a Comment