Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reborn Again

I was walking up Avenue A this past Friday morning, when I saw the now-familiar Painting/Floor-Sanding sign, somewhat altered:

Somewhat altered.

I took a picture of it and added it to my Snapchat story with the caption: The meme that would not die is reborn.

I continued on my way, but then that evening, while walking down Avenue C, I saw an amazing preponderance of the very same signs, with the very same meme:

Same sign, same meme.

Another.

Yet another.

Which is why I find it strange that this sign looks the way it does:

Strange.

Is it some kind of a mistake?

#eastvillage #avenuea #avenuec #graffiti #memes #missingfoundation #signs #smileyfaces #thepartysover

5 comments:

  1. :-) the overwriter missed one! :-)

    jedo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the Old School Graffiti artist Peter Missing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Missing he is in town making a piece at the 1st st art garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will paraphrase what i said in another comment - EVT *IS* the blog to find out about all the important stuff that is happening in the EV.

      jedo

      Delete
    2. Thanks anonymous commenter! I'm familiar with the party's over insignia. Is it him doing this though? He told Gothamist or DNAInfo (one of them) that it wasn't him doing it.

      Delete
  3. Missing foundation is a powerful industrail punk powerful movement from the o.g. east villgae who tryed there best to saved the east village from outside fascist aggression. And meant business.

    ReplyDelete